Remove your pet from the source of poison.

  • Do not try to make your pet vomit – NEVER give salt water.
  • Contact your veterinary surgeon for advice – do not delay seeking advice even if your pet is well.

Your vet will ask for details of what has happened.

  • Collect the poison and take a sample with you if you are advised to take your pet to the practice.
  • Remember to protect yourself and others.

General advice

If you have a pet, particularly a new puppy or kitten, look around your home and garden and think about what might interest an inquisitive animal. Potential hazards include:

  • Medicines left lying around.
  • A bag on the floor–open or otherwise.
  • Easy access to food items e.g. chocolate, sweets, etc.
  • House plants and cut flowers.
  • Air freshening devices or pot pourri in an open bowl.
  • Dropped or spilt medicines.
  • Cigarettes or e-cigarettes(or their refills) lying around.
  • Containers of cleaners, decorating products (such as paint, white spirit or mastics) or garden chemicals, especially if open.
  • Edible or inedible items delivered through the post.
  • Loose batteries left lying around.

If in doubt call us on 01784 436367

Runnymede Hill 01784 436 367
Chobham Road 01344 620 504

lillieslillies

PreventionGuide